The date for the bake sale is not this Thursday, it is next Thursday, November 14, 2013.
There will be a Grad Parent Meeting this Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Drama Room.
The grade 9 Immunizations will be This Thursday morning. There will be a Hot Apple Juice and Bake Sale during 1st Block next Thursday November 14 put on by the Interac Club. The last day of 1st Term is this Friday.
The PAC is pleased to introduce three Fundraising campaigns for Fall 2013. All orders are due no later that November 22, 2013. Check out the PAC website mtsentpac.weebly.com for more information. Please return all orders to the office no later than Friday, November 22, 2013
- 1. Poinsettia Fundraiser
- 2. Mom’s Pantry
- 3. Purdys Chocolates
There will be an Adult Art Therapy group every Tuesday @ 3:30pm – 5:00pm. Drop – ins welcome as well as donations. Location: 1001 Harold St. Slocan. Phone for info: 250-355-2484.
Interim reports are now being sent via email or regular mail.
There is a Pro-d day this Friday Oct. 25th. There will be NO Hot Lunch Thursday Oct. 24th, Monday Oct 28th or Tuesday Oct. 29th, due to construction in the Canteen. We have Kids Plus Accident Insurance applications in the office for those who are interested. If you are interested, please have your child pick up an application or feel to call the office and we will make sure to have your child bring a copy home. On Monday Oct. 28th we will be participating in DEAR(Drop Everything and Read) School Library Day Seventh Annual Challenge There were of over 65 000 students, teachers, parents, and school volunteers who participated last year. We will be reading as a school for a 20 minute period of time on this day (Monday 28).
We now have our Hot lunch Menu on our site. Please see menu at top or menu on the right to locate. And please check out Principal’s Desk on the top menu as well. There will be updates and information directly from Mr. Campbell. We will now be posting various information to our site on a regular basis to keep all informed. The Calendar menu is being updated as well with important dates to remember for the school year.
Not a complete list of events, a few highlights shared by teachers during our Monday Morning (Staff) Meeting.
Monday, September 30
– Aboriginal Program Meet & Greet, Room 307 Afternoon Break (See Mr. B. for more details)
Tuesday, October 1
– Breakfast for Learning is back!!!! Food available in the canteen in the morning.
– Senior Girls Volleyball hosting German Team (see classroom teachers about watching the game at 2:30)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Wednesday, October 2
– Art Starts Student Presentation, Digital Guise, from 1:40 – 2:40 in the Gym
– Junior Girls Volleyball Playday (starting at 4:00)
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 11 & 12’s)
Thursday, October 3
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 9 & 10’s)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Friday, October 4 – Block Rotation 4, 1, 2
– Junior Girls Volleyball Tournament (starting at 3:15 on Friday, ends on Saturday)
– Senior Boys Soccer travelling to Cranbrook Tournament
– Senior Boys Volleyball travelling to Vernon Tournament
The Senior Girls Volleyball Team will be hosting the Kootenay Volleyball Classic (35th annual?) September 27 & 28.
The Wildcats play Aberdeen Hall at 2:00 on Friday afternoon. Cheer on your team!!!!
Tournament Schedule Available HERE