We now have our Hot lunch Menu on our site. Please see menu at top or menu on the right to locate. And please check out Principal’s Desk on the top menu as well. There will be updates and information directly from Mr. Campbell. We will now be posting various information to our site on a regular basis to keep all informed. The Calendar menu is being updated as well with important dates to remember for the school year.
Not a complete list of events, a few highlights shared by teachers during our Monday Morning (Staff) Meeting.
Monday, September 30
– Aboriginal Program Meet & Greet, Room 307 Afternoon Break (See Mr. B. for more details)
Tuesday, October 1
– Breakfast for Learning is back!!!! Food available in the canteen in the morning.
– Senior Girls Volleyball hosting German Team (see classroom teachers about watching the game at 2:30)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Wednesday, October 2
– Art Starts Student Presentation, Digital Guise, from 1:40 – 2:40 in the Gym
– Junior Girls Volleyball Playday (starting at 4:00)
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 11 & 12’s)
Thursday, October 3
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 9 & 10’s)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Friday, October 4 – Block Rotation 4, 1, 2
– Junior Girls Volleyball Tournament (starting at 3:15 on Friday, ends on Saturday)
– Senior Boys Soccer travelling to Cranbrook Tournament
– Senior Boys Volleyball travelling to Vernon Tournament
The Senior Girls Volleyball Team will be hosting the Kootenay Volleyball Classic (35th annual?) September 27 & 28.
The Wildcats play Aberdeen Hall at 2:00 on Friday afternoon. Cheer on your team!!!!
Tournament Schedule Available HERE
Picture day at Mt. Sentinel is coming next week! Photographs will be taken by grade groups starting at 9:00 am. Order forms will be provided when proofs arrive.
The last few days before the start of school are very busy in the office. We encourage that you call ahead to make an appointment to register a new student or to review your son/daughter’s course selections. Appointment times fill up quickly; we don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet and plan carefully for a successful year.
A counselor and administration will be available on Thursday and Friday.
It is our pleasure to be welcoming students back on Tuesday, September 3. While it may feel sad to say good bye to summer, we are also excited to reconnect with students, parents and our community. We also look forward to meeting new students and families.
Buses will run as per their regular morning times. Please be sure to visit the District Transportation webpage for possible changes/updates. End of day will be three hours earlier than our regular schedule, 12:10.
We will celebrate our return to school with a brief assembly in the gym. New and returning staff members will be introduced. Following this students will attend morning homeroom to receive schedules and school fees information. A new block rotation pattern and daily schedule will be discussed during homeroom. Look for an opportunity to provide your initial feedback on our school website!
Students will meet all first semester teachers by following a mini-block rotation, with dismissal at 12:10.
Wednesday, September 4 will be our first official full day of classes.
Welcome back everyone!