Our Senior Boys Soccer Team have headed to Grand Forks today looking to qualify for the Provincials.
Not a complete list of events, a few highlights shared by teachers during our Monday Morning (Staff) Meeting.
Monday, September 30
– Aboriginal Program Meet & Greet, Room 307 Afternoon Break (See Mr. B. for more details)
Tuesday, October 1
– Breakfast for Learning is back!!!! Food available in the canteen in the morning.
– Senior Girls Volleyball hosting German Team (see classroom teachers about watching the game at 2:30)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Wednesday, October 2
– Art Starts Student Presentation, Digital Guise, from 1:40 – 2:40 in the Gym
– Junior Girls Volleyball Playday (starting at 4:00)
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 11 & 12’s)
Thursday, October 3
– Grade Wide Meetings with Principal/Vice Principal (Grade 9 & 10’s)
– Student Survey – Block 2
Friday, October 4 – Block Rotation 4, 1, 2
– Junior Girls Volleyball Tournament (starting at 3:15 on Friday, ends on Saturday)
– Senior Boys Soccer travelling to Cranbrook Tournament
– Senior Boys Volleyball travelling to Vernon Tournament
We are inviting and encouraging students to provide feedback to our staff and Leadership Team as we finalize our school growth plan. As part of our staff development and learning plan, we are committed to focusing our adult learning in the areas of our District’s Student Expectations. These areas include: Academic Success, Creativity and Imagination, Citizenship and Resiliency. Learn more about the student expectations HERE.
Before we begin our learning and work, we want to know “how are we doing right now” in these four key areas? All students in Grade 7 through 12 will be guided through a short survey the Week of September 30 to October 4.
Take the survey HERE. The survey is password protected – the code will be provided to you by the supervising teacher.
The Senior Girls Volleyball Team will be hosting the Kootenay Volleyball Classic (35th annual?) September 27 & 28.
The Wildcats play Aberdeen Hall at 2:00 on Friday afternoon. Cheer on your team!!!!
Tournament Schedule Available HERE
Picture day at Mt. Sentinel is coming next week! Photographs will be taken by grade groups starting at 9:00 am. Order forms will be provided when proofs arrive.
The last few days before the start of school are very busy in the office. We encourage that you call ahead to make an appointment to register a new student or to review your son/daughter’s course selections. Appointment times fill up quickly; we don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet and plan carefully for a successful year.
A counselor and administration will be available on Thursday and Friday.
It is our pleasure to be welcoming students back on Tuesday, September 3. While it may feel sad to say good bye to summer, we are also excited to reconnect with students, parents and our community. We also look forward to meeting new students and families.
Buses will run as per their regular morning times. Please be sure to visit the District Transportation webpage for possible changes/updates. End of day will be three hours earlier than our regular schedule, 12:10.
We will celebrate our return to school with a brief assembly in the gym. New and returning staff members will be introduced. Following this students will attend morning homeroom to receive schedules and school fees information. A new block rotation pattern and daily schedule will be discussed during homeroom. Look for an opportunity to provide your initial feedback on our school website!
Students will meet all first semester teachers by following a mini-block rotation, with dismissal at 12:10.
Wednesday, September 4 will be our first official full day of classes.
Welcome back everyone!
Students at Mt. Sentinel eagerly devour food after the 30 Hour Famine. Teacher-Sponsor Joe Moreira explains the purpose of the famine to Wildcats who clearly get the message. Students collected sponsorships for the famine, to be forwarded to World Vision Canada. A big thank you to Joe and student participants!
The Mt. Sentinel Intermediate Band put on a great performance at our neighbouring school, Brent Kennedy Elementary. Congratulations on a great finish to the year!
30 Hour Famine
- We have a number of students participating in the 30 Hour Famine Wednesday & Thursday
- Our Famine starts at 8:30 on Wednesday and ends at 2:30 on Thursday
- Participants will be sleeping at school on Wed night (this is optional)
- At 2:30 on Thursday they are invited to a luncheon in the MPR
- June 19th (Wed)
- Celebration DVD
- In addition to BBQ; fire truck arriving in the afternoon
- Yearbook Distribution in Library (limited number still available $45)
Silverwood End of Year Trip
- Thursday, June 27th
- Forms for travel need to be handed in